Wednesday, July 11, 2007

July 11th Report

Last week I was able to complete the functionality of the agent discovery for the C++ client. After that I put the client into a load test and found that it crashes after few (correct)discovery cycles.

Since it works correctly for at least one discovery the error is not in the logic but in the implementation details. It is implemented in C++ and the debugging is not that easy when there are some threads in the code. After a lot of (a lot of actually) debugging I found the problem.
It was just an update of boolean variable that I missed. (my eyes could not catch it during the first few debug cycles.)

After that I went through the code again, and did a complete cleanup. Then I let the test run for few hours and found that it is running without any problems and most importantly without any memory leaks.

No comments: